Spring is in the air! The temperatures are warming, birds are chirping, and plants are sprouting. Can you smell the change? I must say that before we moved to New England and we lived in the south, I was never a huge fan of spring… my favorite season was actually fall. Well let me tell you how quickly that changed the first winter we spent here! I now wait all winter long in eager anticipation of spring.
This year spring is a little early, and I am certainly not complaining! This weekend, I took down the remaining winter decorations and changed them out for some bright and cheery spring decor. So long, winter decor, sorry I’m not sorry to see you go! Next year I might just skip the winter decor altogether and jump straight to spring. What do you think? From Christmas decorations to spring decorations? I don’t see why not!
I love love love to decorate for spring, and it’s really so simple to do! If you’re looking for some quick and easy ways to decorate for spring and bring spring into your home, just follow the tips below and get started on your spring decor!
Easy Ways to Decorate for Spring
- Flowers flowers everywhere! Flowers add so much life and color to the home. If flowers don’t say spring, I don’t know what does! If you have your own garden, you can grow and gather your own flowers for a completely fresh, unique bouquet. Or you can always stop by your local florist or grocery store to see what kind of fresh flowers they have on hand. If you don’t want to deal with real flowers, you can find flowers at the craft store, or make your own flowers from fabric, ribbon, or even tissue paper.
- Hang a spring wreath. Adding a spring wreath to your front door is an easy, instant way to add a bit of spring to your home. How you style the wreath is totally up to you, but if you need some extra inspiration, here are 50 spring wreath ideas for you to browse through. Or simply weave some flowers into a grapevine wreath and you’ll have a gorgeous wreath to hang on your door!
- Change out your linens. Since winter is ending, we can say goodbye to those heavy comforters and blankets. So when you put away the winter linens, break out the thinner, colorful blankets and throws. It’s the perfect way to get ready for the warmer weather and add some spring to your decor at the same time!
- Use nature-made decor. Bringing in the twigs, greenery, and of course flowers is literally like bringing spring right into your home. Anything you can make with natural items will not only be super thrifty, but also beautiful! Get creative and bring the outdoors inside with a DIY twig vase, moss covered monogram, or painted plant pots. You could even start your own little indoor garden that could easily double as decor as well!
- Add pops of bright colors throughout the home. Bright blues, pinks, purples, yellows, and greens liven up the home and set the tone for spring. You can easily paint decorative pieces to add some color if need be. To make a statement, use simple pieces that are brightly colored in various places around the home. Pops of color are quickly noticeable and draw the eyes directly to them.
- Think interchangeable! I am all about making my holiday and seasonal decor interchangeable. That way it’s super easy to switch from one season to the next, and I don’t have to store a bunch of decorations. For example, I use the same wreath for every holiday and season, and I just change out the accessories (spring version coming soon!). Other easy interchangeable items include pillow covers, table runners, vase fillers, picture frames, etc. With a little creativity, you can change out these items for spring (and every other holiday) with very little effort!
- Use free printables. You can find an insane amount of free printables online for almost any and every occasion. So whether you want to display a spring banner or some framed spring prints, you should be able to find what you’re looking for online so that all you have to do is print them out and hang them up!
Decorating for spring is really easy and simple. To sum it up, fill your home with lots of bright colors and flowers! So tell me, how do you decorate for spring? Do you have any spring decor ideas to add to the list? If you’d like some additional inspiration, check out my Spring has Sprung board on Pinterest. It’s full of DIY spring decor crafts and ideas!
Follow Celeste @ Decor by the Seashore’s board Spring Has Sprung! on Pinterest.
I’ll be updating my interchangeable wreath for spring very soon, so stay tuned for the big reveal. And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter below if you’d like to get my weekly updates full of crafty awesomeness!