If there’s one piece of seasonal decor that I love to display in my house year-round, it’s a wreath. I feel that a beautiful wreath adds the perfect touch of seasonal cheer to the home and makes the home feel inviting and welcoming. But I really don’t have the desire or space to store a different wreath for every holiday and season. Really, who does? So I’ve developed a way that allows me to hang a different holiday wreath without worrying about storing or buying a new wreath form.
If you think about it, wreaths are actually one of the most widely used seasonal accessories in homes. If you have no other holiday or seasonal decor, simply hang a wreath, and it adds an instant holiday look to the home. And that’s why it’s so easy for our wreath collections to get out of control. Be honest, how many wreaths do you have stored in your basement, attic, or garage? And it’s not like these are small things that can be easily ignored. Wreaths take up a lot of space!
So I’ve come up with an easy solution that lets me have the best of both worlds- an interchangeable wreath! I get to display a new wreath for every season and holiday, and I don’t need to waste money and worry about storing a bunch of wreath forms! It’s really been an amazing DIY that’s allowed me to expand my home decor game without stretching my budget or my basement storage.
One wreath… so many possibilities!
I’m not gonna lie, my interchangeable wreath has seriously helped me up my home decor game. If you’d like, you can check out the previous versions of my interchangeable wreath above! I certainly hope you love the idea, because today I’m going to show you how to make your very own DIY interchangeable summer wreath!
Materials Needed to Create DIY Interchangeable Summer Wreath
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosure.
- Wreath form
- Blue deco mesh
- Glue gun/glue
- Wooden ship cutout (optional)
- Wood arrow
- Foam/paint brush
Steps to Create DIY Interchangeable Summer Wreath
1. Cut a strip of blue deco mesh and pin it to the wreath. The idea is to make it look like waves, so let it bubble and curve around as deco mesh naturally will. I had to weave my pins through the mesh to get it to stay since the pin heads were smaller than the deco mesh netting and kept slipping through.
2. Glue your seashells to the deco mesh. I tried to make mine look like the shells were tossing around in the waves. You can use more or less shells, depending on your tastes. Make sure to glue the shells to the deco mesh, NOT the wreath, since we want to be able to easily remove everything in a few weeks to switch it out.
3. Paint your sign and wooden cutouts. You can use a wooden arrow cutout and paint the word “beach” on it, or get even more thrifty and cut one out from cardboard. Nobody will be able to tell, and it’ll be our little secret. 😉 I found these amazing ship and anchor wood cutouts and knew they were the perfect accessories for my summer wreath, but if you can’t find anything similar, you really don’t need the cutouts to make the wreath look amazing.
4. Attach your sign and wooden cutouts to the wreath. I wrapped floral wire around the arrow to secure it to the top of the wreath and glued the ship cutout to the deco mesh. You could also use twine to attach the arrow and make it look extra “beachy.”
I love being able to display holiday and seasonal wreaths year-round without spending a ton of money or using a bunch of storage space. Interchangeable wreaths are really a win-win in my book! By just getting a little creative with how you attach items to the wreath, it’s really simple to make an interchangeable wreath and switch it out any time you want.
Do you have a bunch of wreaths taking up valuable space in your home? Let me know in the comments! If you found this post helpful, I’d love it if you shared it with your friends and family. And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter below so you can get more fun, crafty ideas like this delivered right to your inbox!
This is so cute! I love how simple it is, and I LOVE the idea of having one wreath for every occasion!
Thanks, Morgan! It’s probably my favorite seasonal accessory! Such a great money and space saver!
I knew this was coming! 😉 This is the best one yet, but of course, I am a little biased since I live near the beach. Love that blue color you chose.
You called it, Mary! It’s so funny, because every time I redo the wreath I think “this one’s my favorite!” And then the next time I change it out, I love that one even more! But really, this one is just so appropriate for summer and our home!
Celeste, your interchangeable wreath is such a great idea!! Love the beach wreath you made. You added just the right touches. It looks fantastic!!
Thanks so much, Keri! I just love changing out the accessories each season for a new look! This summer version is definitely appropriate considering how close we live to the beach!
This is super cute!!
Thanks so much!
love the beach wreath and how fun to change it out per holiday or season!
Thank you, Millie!