What is fall and Halloween without seeing pumpkins everywhere you turn? I hope you’re not tired of them yet though, because I’ve got another pumpkin craft to adorn your home–a wine cork pumpkin!
This is so easy and really doesn’t require many materials… well except for all the wine you’ll have to drink… for the corks, of course! All in the name of crafting!
I happened to have all of the materials already on hand, which was quite exciting, because that usually NEVER happens! (And I suppose that should tell you how much I love wine!)
If you don’t have a stash of wine corks at home, you can ask friends and family to save them for you, or you can buy them here, but really, you know how I prefer to get my wine corks! Anyways, without further ado…
Materials Needed to Create DIY Wine Cork Pumpkin
- 25 Wine Corks
- Orange & Brown Paint
- Foam/Paint Brush
- Green Felt
- Glue/Hot Glue Gun
Steps to Create DIY Wine Cork Pumpkin
1. Paint the ends of all but one of the wine corks orange. Cut about 1/3 off of the unpainted wine cork, and paint the top of it brown.
2. After the paint has dried, divide your corks into rows. You should have two rows of four corks, two rows of five corks, and one row of six corks. Glue each row together.
3. Let the rows of corks dry, and then stack them up and glue them together. Glue the cork you painted brown to the top.
4. Cut leaves out of the green felt and use your marker to draw veins on them. If you lack the ability to draw (like I do), you can find leaf patterns online and trace them. Arrange the leaves on top of the wine cork pumpkin and glue them on.
5. Tie your ribbon or twine around the top and curl it around to look like pumpkin tendrils. Put a dab of glue on the back to keep it secured.
Ta-da! Now sit back and enjoy your wonderfully handmade wine cork pumpkin, and maybe a glass of wine to celebrate your beautiful creation! Gotta replenish that wine cork stash, you know! Send me pictures of your creations and I will feature them! Happy crafting!
LET'S BE FRIENDS!
Want to learn how you can DIY your way to a beautiful home? Get inspired to create with my weekly newsletter full of crafts, free printables, home decor, and organization tips!