If there’s two things I really enjoy in life, one is a good bottle of wine, and the other is crafting. So you know I can’t resist combining the two with a good wine cork craft! And what better excuse to create a wine cork craft than Valentine’s Day? This wine cork heart is so easy to make, and it’s perfect for Valentine’s Day!
I fancied this wine cork heart up a bit by adding some wooden letters to it to make a really cute Valentine’s Day decoration. Of course, you don’t need to include the letters if you don’t want to, but I think they add some pizzazz and really make the heart stand out.
This craft is great because not only is it quick and easy, but you can display it pretty much anywhere you want. So you can add a touch of Valentine’s Day cheer to any room in your home! It would also make a cute gift for a wedding or anniversary. Oh, the possibilities!
For the other wine cork crafts I’ve done (this pumpkin and Christmas tree), I usually paint the wine corks. But for this one, I just used the corks from bottles of red wine (getting fancy, here!) and left them in their natural state. I think it looks really pretty and chic that way! What do you think?
Materials Needed to Create DIY Valentine’s Day Wine Cork Heart Decor
- 18 wine corks (I get mine here.)
- Red paint
- Wooden letters I & U (Letters with flat bottoms are better so they can stand upright!)
- Foam/paint brush
- Glue/glue gun
Steps to Create DIY Valentine’s Day Wine Cork Heart Decor
1. Paint your wooden letters. Mine were already painted white, so I added a few layers of red on top. This worked out nicely so that when I sanded the letters to give them a distressed look, the white showed underneath.
2. Once you have a good layer of color and the paint has dried, rub sandpaper lightly around the edges and on top to give the paint a distressed look.
3. I didn’t paint my wine corks, but if you want to add some color to your corks, go ahead and paint them. Then form your wine corks into a heart and glue them together. I did this free hand, but if it helps, you can use a heart-shaped template. Don’t worry if your heart isn’t perfect. You can gently pull the corks apart and glue them back together to get the right shape if you need to.
And there you have it! An easy, beautiful DIY Valentine’s Day wine cork heart decoration! Put it out as a decoration, or save it and give it as a gift to that special someone!
It even stands up all on its own! Now the biggest decision of all, where to display it?
If you’ll be opening a bottle of wine with that special someone on Valentine’s Day, don’t forget to save the cork! You know I’ll have another wine cork craft for you in the near future! And sign up for my newsletter below so you can get my latest crafts e-mailed directly to you!
LET'S BE FRIENDS!
Want to learn how you can DIY your way to a beautiful home? Get inspired to create with my weekly newsletter full of crafts, free printables, home decor, and organization tips!